Our trusty seasonal wreath is back at it, just in time for the 4th of July! This time we added felt buntings to give it some extra flare. We love this front door decor because with just a few changes, we get an entirely new look. Read on to find out how to make your very own.
Supplies: interchangeable wreath, white felt flowers, red and white baker’s twine, mini clothespins, red felt, blue felt, scissors, and red ribbon.
1. Start by making our original wreath and 10-15 white felt flowers. You can find instructions on how to make both the base wreath and felt flowers here.
2. Arrange the white felt flowers across the bottom of the wreath.
3. Cut two lengths of baker’s twine to go across the wreath for the bunting, leaving excess to tie it around the back of the wreath. Wrap each end of the string to bobby pins and add a glue dot to keep them in place. Stick one bobby pin into the back of the wreath, wrap the string around the front and across the wreath, and stick the second bobby pin to the back of the wreath on the other side.
4. Cut triangles out of the red and blue felt and hang them from the strings using the mini clothespins.
5. Hang the wreath using the red ribbon and a door hanger.
What do you think? Would you make your own interchangeable felt flower wreath? We must say, it is SO much nicer to store just one wreath than a dozen for every season. Click here to see the wreath in action on the blog.
Check out our 4th of July inspired Pinterest board for more creative ideas and recipes!