Happy Summer!!! We hope everyone had a lovely Father’s Day and first day of the season. Today we are sharing a way to take a simple box cake and turn it into a 4th of July treat!
Supplies: white cake mix, frosting, sprinkles, and assorted food dye.
1. Make the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
2. Split the cake mix into three parts by spooning each part into a separate bowl.
3. Add red food dye drops into one bowl and blue food dye drops into another. Mix well and add more dye until you reach your desired shade.
4. Line a baking tin with cupcake liners and begin spooning in cake batter from each bowl.
5. Alternate colors as you spoon the cake batter into the cupcake tins. As they bake they will create a marbled look, but you can also give them a little swirl with a toothpick before you put them into the oven.
6. Bake according to the directions, let cool, and add frosting and sprinkles.
We hope you have fun making these red white and blue treats! They’re a great project for kids too. They will love mixing the batter and breaking open the cupcakes when they’re done to see how they turned out!