We have been loving the geometric planter trend, but the price tag? Not so much. Naturally, we decided to make our own! All you need to create these “planters” are coffee straws, wire, and spray paint! Here’s how…
Supplies: straws, wire, and copper spray paint.
1. Create geometric shapes by threading the wire through the straws. We looked at geometric shapes in a Google image search and did our best to replicate them. Some of the shapes require all full-sized straws, while others required a mix of full-sized and some cut in half.
2. Twist wire ends and push them back through the straws to conceal them. Trim any sharp edges.
3. When you have your completed shapes, put them in a cardboard box, making sure they are not touching one another.
4. In a well-ventilated area (outside is best!), spray the shapes with the copper paint and let dry. Turn the shapes a few times and add more spray paint until the entire shapes are covered.
5. Once dry, place the copper shapes over some succulents and put them on display!
What do you think? Does your home need a little modern touch without breaking the bank? Where will you display your new planters?