Happy Monday, friends! It is getting mighty chilly on the east coast, which makes all of these Halloween (and Christmas?!) decorations feel a lot more appropriate. Sure, we’d love a few more Summery days, but this Autumn air is all too welcome.
Today we’re sharing a bat garland that requires absolutely NO sewing! Grab your felt, scissor, and hot glue, and follow us…
Supplies: black felt, fabric scissors, chalk or a white marker, string, and hot glue.
1. Hand draw or print out a bat shape onto a piece of paper. When you like the size and shape, trace it onto a small piece of card stock or thin cardboard and cut it out. This will be your template!
2. Trace around the template onto a piece of black felt using chalk or a white marker.
3. Cut the bat shapes out of the black felt.
4. Cut out a length of string for your garland. We used thin gold thread.
5. Heat up your hot glue gun and make two or three glue dots onto the back of a bat shape. We made three dots of glue – one on each wing and one in the center so the string made a V-shape when glued down (this way the string wouldn’t show between the wings when hung).
6. Quickly press the string to the glue dots.
Hang your spooky garland and enjoy!
Looking for more garlands? You’re in luck! Click here to see more.