Happy Monday, friends! Today we’re sharing a super easy DIY centerpiece for a grad party! Our New Year’s Eve centerpiece was such a hit that we decided to turn it into graduation decor. Here’s how to make your own:
Supplies: wine bottles, metallic spray paint, coffee straws, wooden skewers, glitter scrapbook paper, scissors, and hot glue.
1. Thoroughly clean the glass bottles. To remove the labels, soak in hot soapy water for ten minutes and peel away labels. Remove any remaining glue with Goo Gone or nail polish remover. After using Goo Gone, clean the bottles again with warm soapy water. Let dry completely.
2. In a well-ventilated area (we always suggest doing this outside!), spray the bottles with the spray paint according to directions on the can. Let dry completely.
3. Print out the words and/or numbers you’d like to use, trace them onto the glitter scrapbook paper, and cut out.
4. Hot glue the letters and numbers to some coffee straws.
(At this point you can use these as cake or cupcake toppers!)
5. Insert wooden skewers into the bottom of the coffee straws and place each one into a wine bottle.
That’s all! Now you have a shimmery centerpiece to celebrate the occasion!
These would be super cute in a line of cupcakes!
Speaking of graduation…we have a graduation greeting card giveaway happening RIGHT NOW on Instagram! Go check it out and enter to win! It ends tonight!