Can you believe Christmas is TOMORROW?! We’re wrapping presents and putting last minute touches on the house, like this felt stocking garland! Perfect for the mantle, as a table runner, or draped around the Christmas tree, this garland will add just a bit more festive flair to your decor. And did we mention that it’s NO-SEW?! Talk about easy last-minute decor 😉
All you need for this no-sew garland is felt, fabric scissors, string, and hot glue. Do you already have all of those things? Great! Let’s get started!
Supplies: red, green, and white felt, fabric scissors, string, a piece of card stock, a hot glue gun, and hot glue sticks.
1. To make each stocking roughly the same shape and size, you will first want to make a stencil. We drew a little stocking on a piece of card stock and cut it out. Trace around the stencil onto the felt and then cut each shape out.
2. Take a piece of white felt and begin cutting a scalloped design across the base about 1/4 inch thick. Cut this scalloped strip of felt into pieces that match the width of the top of each stocking.
3. Attach the white felt to each stocking using a line of hot glue.
4. Flip the stockings over and spread out a piece of string across your work surface. Put a dot of hot glue in the upper right corner of each stocking and quickly press the string on the glue dot. Hold the string on either side of the glue dot and press down, keeping the string taught. This will keep you from touching the hot glue dot with your fingers!
5. Hang your garland and enjoy!
Merry Christmas Eve!