Over the weekend, my boys and I made these cute little reindeer ornaments out of corks! These are a great rainy day activity to do with little ones that they’ll love to see up on the tree.
Materials: corks, mini red pom poms, googly eyes, tacky glue, a sharp knife, pipe cleaners, ribbon, and straight pins.
1. Glue eyes and nose to cork.
2. Cut a pipe cleaner in half. Make a “t” with the two halves and twist the horizontal piece around the vertical piece to create an antler. Repeat this with a second pipe cleaner and you will have two antlers.
3. Use a knife to cut a slit into the top of the cork. Be careful! I placed the cork on its end on a table, which allowed me to get enough force to create a slit deep enough.
4. Push the two antlers into the slit.
5. Cut a length of ribbon and make it into a loop. Use a straight pin to attach it to the top of the cork.
And that’s it! Easy, last minute ornaments your kids will love.
P.S. I bought a package of corks from Michael’s, but I encourage the drinking of your favorite bottle of wine first 🙂 Enjoy!