The February weather in North Carolina is really throwing us all for a loop. It’s in the 70s today and we are not complaining! To celebrate the melted snow and encourage this early Spring day, we’d like to share a fruity treat!
Ingredients: fresh fruit, silicone ice cube trays, and filtered water.
1. Wash your fresh fruit.
2. Cut any fruit that is too big to fit into the ice cube tray. Citrus fruits can be cut in thin slices like these limes!
3. Prepare your water. Make sure you use filtered or bottled water for your ice cubes. It will freeze less foggy than tap water. If you want it even clearer, try boiling the water and letting it cool. We boiled our water once and the cubes were still foggy, but it might have needed to be boiled a second time!
4. Fill one ice cube tray with whole fruit like blueberries.
5. In a second ice cube tray, fold lime slices in half once or twice and wedge them into the tray.
6. Cover fruit with water and freeze!
There are so many options when it comes to these ice cubes. You can even add herbs or edible flowers! The possibilities are endless and so very beautiful.
Happy early Spring, everyone! Let’s hope this weather lasts!