Add a personal touch to those less-than-personal gift cards with these adorable felt gift card holders! They are perfect to hang on the Christmas tree or tuck into a card this holiday season!
1. For the main pocket and loop, cut felt into two 3.25″ x 2.25″ rectangles and one 4″ x 0.5″ strip.
2. To decorate the front of the gift card holder, cut different colored felt into different sizes and shapes to create the designs you like! See the pictures above and below for ideas.
3. Make a loop with the 4″ x 0.5″ strip and sew onto back rectangle.
4. Sew design onto front rectangle using different types of stitching (you can also hot glue any pieces to the front – like our red bow)
5. Sew front and back rectangles together, leaving the top open to insert a gift card.
6. Trim edges of felt to create clean lines and any excess thread.
Make sure you loosen the stitching on your sewing machine before starting this project, otherwise the felt will stretch and your rectangles will look a little lopsided. If you don’t have a sewing machine, no worries! These can also be hand stitched or simply hot glued. Felt is very versatile so be creative!
P.S. These gift card holders look great with our Wine Bottle Holiday Sweaters 😉