1. Using a paper cutter, cut scrapbook paper into 4×6 inch rectangles.
2. Cut a triangle out of the bottom of each paper rectangle using scissors. We made a stencil out of scrap paper to make sure each triangle cut was the same.
3. Remove the backing from the letters and attach to each paper flag.
4. Paint clothespins black, or color them in with a black marker.
5. Cut one long piece of trim (or three pieces like we did) and attach each flag with a clothespin, leaving equal space between the flags and extra trim on each end for hanging.
See more New Year’s Eve inspiration on our NYE Pinterest board!