Back to School season is upon us! Today we’re sharing an easy and inexpensive DIY gift your new teachers will love!
Supplies: mini glass jars (our were from the Dollar Spot at Target!), red acrylic paint, green acrylic paint, a paint brush, green felt, brown pipe cleaner, and hot glue.
1. Pour red paint into a jar and roll it around to coat the inside. Pour out excess paint into the next jar and repeat!
2. Rest the jars upside down to let the paint dry and let any excess paint drip out. We rested ours on bamboo skewers on top of wax paper overnight.
3. Use a paint brush to paint the lips with green paint. Let dry.
4. Cut leaves out of green felt and hot glue to the lids.
5. Cut pipe cleaner into 1″ pieces, fold in half, and hot glue to the base of each leaf to create the stems.
Personalize these gifts with some tags from Places for Faces that you can print from home!
Aren’t they cute?? These make great teacher gifts too! Add erasers, paper clips, or other supplies to the insides and gift to your new teachers. If you’d like to add candy to the jars, we recommend painting the red on the outside instead. These jars are not food safe the way we created them.
Looking for more back to school ideas? Check these out!