We don’t know about you, but the East Coast has been HOT lately. We are doing our best to celebrate the heat with these DIY piñata cacti! These super cute little succulents can be used as table decor, accents for other crafts, or strung together to make a garland! Here’s how to make your own:
Supplies: cardstock, green tissue paper, scissors, glue, and string.
1. Trace cactus shapes onto cardstock and cut out.
2. Cut tissue paper into 1/2 inch strips.
3. Cut fringe into strips of tissue paper. If the strips are super long, fold them accordion style, cut fringe, and unfold.
4. Start from the bottom of a cactus cut-out and add a thin line of glue.
5. Press a strip of fringed tissue paper to the glue. Repeat all the way up the cactus!
6. When the glue is dry, trim away the excess tissue paper from the edges of the cactus with scissors.
7. If you are turning these into a garland, attach them to string using glue. Let dry, hang, and enjoy!
We even found a cute little cactus dish at the thrift store to match!
Thanks for visiting! For more DIY ideas and inspiration, follow Vicky Barone on Instagram!