This post contains affiliate links. If purchased, I will receive a commission.
We thought you all might be having a tough week back (didn’t yesterday feel like a Monday??) so we made you a little treat. Just when you thought cheesecake couldn’t get any better…
Talk about a cure for the Wednesday blues, right? Here is how to make your own:
Supplies: plain cheesecake, candy melts (we used milk chocolate and dark chocolate), Popsicle sticks, a cookie sheet, wax paper, sprinkles, and crushed candy of your choice (we used a Butterfinger!).
The supplies above contain affiliate links. If purchased, I will receive a commission.
1. Cut the cheesecake into thin slices.
2. Insert Popsicle sticks into the base of each slice.
3. Lay the cheesecake pops on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and place in the freezer for an hour or two.
4. Melt the chocolate according to directions on package.
5. Crush a candy bar in a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin or a glass jar. Pour crushed pieces into a bowl. Pour sprinkles into another bowl.
6. When the cheesecake is frozen, dip a slice into the melted chocolate (you may need to use a spoon to cover more of the slice).
7. Quickly dip the cheesecake pop into the sprinkles or the crushed candy.
8. Sit the cheesecake pop back onto the cookie sheet. The frozen cheesecake should help set the chocolate on its own, but if you need to, pop the cookie sheet into the fridge.
9. Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
What do you think? Will you make these fancy sweet treats for your next gathering? Or maybe just for yourself tonight because you deserve it? Either way, enjoy!
Find more recipes using candy melts here and more Popsicle ideas here. 🙂