Just because the holiday season is over, doesn’t mean we can’t keep celebrating Winter! The Christmas tree, the lights, and the gifts may all be packed away, but we are still having fun creating snow-inspired decor and crafts like this snowman mason jar! Here’s how you can make your own…
Supplies: a mason jar, white yarn, hot glue, buttons, red felt, and scissors.
1. Run a line of hot glue around the base of the mason jar and begin wrapping with yarn. You won’t need to cover the entire jar with the hot glue, but rather every few rows, put a dot or a line of glue on the side or the back of the jar. Continue to wind the yarn around until you reach the neck.
2. Cut an inch wide piece of felt from the longest side of the sheet to make the scarf. Wrap it around the jar to see if you’d like it longer or shorter.
3. Use scissors at the ends of the scarf to create fringe.
4. Tie the scarf around the neck of the jar. Optional: hot glue in place.
5. Use hot glue to secure two or three buttons on the front of the jar.
That’s it! Now you have your completed snowman, ready to add to your wintry wonderland. Fill the jar with candy, use it as a vase for flowers, or simply leave it out as decoration all on its own.
Is it snowing where you are? How are you celebrating Winter?