Happy Friday! We’re sending you off into the weekend with a fun DIY project to help decorate your home for Fall. This felt pumpkin garland is cute and colorful and requires absolutely NO sewing!
Supplies: felt, fabric scissors, string, and hot glue.
1. Create a template out of cardstock or a small piece of cardboard. You can trace a pumpkin shape you find online that you like or freehand it. We drew the shape of a pumpkin on a piece of cardstock and cut it out, then drew an oval for the center of the pumpkin and cut that out as well.
2. Use your template to trace the pumpkin and oval shape onto the felt. We used three shades of felt that we thought were pumpkin-y, buy you can choose any colors you’d like!
3. Cut long triangles out of brown felt for the stems and long pointy ovals out of green felt for the leaves. You’ll want these pieces to be long because only a bit of them will actually show and the rest will be glued in place.
4. Glue a brown triangle to the front of a pumpkin shape, then glue a matching oval to the front of that. Flip the pumpkin over and glue a green leaf to the back.
5. Repeat step 4 with the rest of the pumpkin shapes until you have as may as you’d like.
6. Cut a length of string for the garland. Flip each pumpkin over and put two dots of hot glue on the back. Quickly press the string to the hot glue dots. Repeat with the rest of the pumpkins.
You can hang your garland using washi tape or thumbtacks. You could even make it a table runner for an autumn dinner party.
Have a great weekend, everyone! And happy crafting!
[…] Felt Pumpkin Garland | Bat Pumpkins | Graveyard Cake […]
[…] Felt Pumpkins | 2. Thankful 3. Give Thanks | 4. Painted Pine Cones 5. Fabric Leaves | 6. Fabric Scrap Garland 7. […]
Comments are closed.