My oldest lost his first tooth! To make this exciting event even more memorable, I decided to make a Tooth Fairy Pillow to hang on his door. He chose the colors blue and orange and I went to work!
Supplies: blue and white felt, stuffing, blue and white thread, a needle, scissors, and ribbon.
1. Cut two squares of blue felt, about 5×5″ and one square of blue felt, about 4×4″
2. Cut a tooth shape out of the white felt and use white thread to hand sew it to the 4×4″ blue square.
3. Using the blue thread, sew the 4×4″ square to one of the 5×5″ squares, leaving the top open to create a pocket.
4. Sew the two 5×5″ squares together leaving the top open again.
5. Fill the pillow with stuffing.
6. Tie the ribbon into a bow and insert the ends into the top of the pillow to be sewn into the top seam.
7. Sew the top of the pillow shut.
The stitch is very simple, but if you’d prefer not to sew, you can also use hot glue along each of the seams!
Hang your darling pillow on the door with the tooth in the front pocket and wait for the tooth fairy to come. She is sure to appreciate the gesture (and won’t mind skipping the under-pillow digging 😉 ).