If your kids come home with boxes and boxes of conversation hearts after a Valentine exchange at school, we have just the project for you! Assuming you don’t eat the candies (does anyone actually eat them??), all you need are a few more supplies to create this simple and sweet Valentine’s Day decoration.
Supplies: a frame (ours is from Ikea!), scrapbook paper, acrylic paint, glue, and scissors.
1. Paint the frame with an acrylic paint of your choice. Let dry completely.
2. Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit the inside of the frame.
3. Insert the paper into the frame the same you would a photo.
4. Arrange the conversation hearts in the pattern you like.
5. Lift up each heart one-by-one and add a dot of glue to the back. Place the heart back down in its spot. Let dry.
*We recommend using a tacky glue rather than a fast-drying glue so that you have some time to arrange and straighten your design before the glue dries.
Send this sweet artwork to a loved one, or hang it in your house! And remember to have fun with it!