Who needs one big cake when you can have multiple miniature cakes? These adorable, three-layer treats are easy to assemble and delicious when devoured.
Ingredients: box cake, frosting, fruit preserves, and fresh fruit.
1. Bake a box cake according to the directions in a 13×9 pan. Let cool.
2. Remove cake from pan and use a glass and a knife to trace circles out of the layer cake.
3. Place one circle layer on a plate. Spoon frosting into a decorator’s bag or a plastic bag and snip off the end. Outline the edge of the circle with frosting.
4. Fill the inside of the frosting circle with fruit preserves.
5. Top with a second layer of cake and repeat steps 3 & 4.
6. Top with the third and final layer and frost the entire cake.
7. Cut fresh fruit for garnish.
White layer cake with white frosting, peach preserves, and fresh peach slices
White layer cake with nutella frosting, strawberry preserves, and fresh strawberries
Do you know anyone who would LOVE a mini cake for their birthday? These would make great mini-wedding cakes as well! Enjoy 🙂