I hung them from the arbor in our backyard where they added a colorful and unique touch to the whole party. I’ve included a free printable template to help create the globes if you’d like to make your own! Here is how to do it:
*Other tutorials suggest using glue, rather than a stapler, to assemble the globe. Since this garland would be hanging up high, I knew no one would notice the staples. Stapling the circles saves a lot of time, but if you don’t want to see the staples, a strong glue stick or craft glue would work great!
1. Using the paper cutter (or scissors), cut out 20 circles from different scrapbook paper (I made one globe with 4″ circles and one with 6″ circles).
2. Line up the triangle template inside each circle and score around it using the X-Acto knife.
3. Fold along score lines.
4. Arrange five circles to form the top of the globe. Use the stapler to attach them to one another.
5. Arrange ten circles in a row to form the middle of the globe. Staple them together.
6. Repeat step 4 to create the bottom of the globe. Attach the top, middle, and bottom together with the stapler.
7. Hang using ribbon!
Click here to see the rest of the race car birthday party!