These wooden coasters are super easy to create, and they make for a great last-minute hostess gift! Here’s how we made them:
1. Sand the edges and corners of the unfinished wood squares.
2. Tape off the design you would like with tape. Press tape down with fingernail or credit card to create clean lines.
3. Paint two to three coats of acrylic paint onto wooden square. Let dry completely.
4. Remove tape.
5. In a well ventilated area, spray each painted coaster with acrylic coating to seal the design and make the coaster waterproof.
6. When the sealant is dry, flip over the coaster and attach the foam pads.
That’s it! Stack the coasters and tie with a ribbon to give as a gift or keep them for yourself!
Check out the DIY Memory Game we made – they make for great coasters too!