Here is a simple and affordable DIY decoration for your home this Easter! All you need are some plastic eggs from the dollar store, yarn, and a plastic sewing needle.
1. Most plastic Easter eggs come with at least one pre-punched hole in the top and bottom, perfect for threading with string to make a garland! A handful of the eggs that we got from the dollar store didn’t have holes punched all the way through, so we used the plastic needle to puncture the holes a little better. If some of your eggs don’t have holes for whatever reason, just use any pointy object to make a hole, like the needle, a pen, or a small screwdriver.
2. Thread the yarn onto the sewing needle (you can also use any kind of string as long as it fits through the holes in the eggs).
3. Starting stringing the eggs onto the yarn!
4. Once you reach the length you’d like, tie a knot at each end of the garland to keep the eggs in place. If you use yarn, the eggs will most likely grip and not move, but just to be safe, a little knot at each end is a good idea.
5. Hang your garland and enjoy!
Follow Vicky Barone on Bloglovin’ to see more Easter ideas!