We have a full week of Valentine’s Day inspiration leading up to the 14th! Today we’re sharing a little paper project to help decorate for this lovely season. These Valentine’s Day wreaths are made up of lots and lots of hearts! Here’s how you can make your own…
Supplies: scrapbook paper, a paper cutter, and hot glue.
1. For the medium wreath, cut 6 strips of paper 1″ wide by 8″ long and 6 more strips of paper 1″ wide by 10″ long.
2. Fold the 8″ strips in half, patterned side together. Fold the 10″ strips in half, white side together.
3. Glue one end of an 8″ strip to an end of a 10″ strip, white sides together.
4. When the glue is set, glue the opposite ends of both strips together, white sides together again.
5. Glue the folded centers together with a dot of glue.
6. Take the glued ends and curl them in towards each other to create the heart shape. Glue the ends together and hold in place until the glue sets.
7. Repeat with the rest of the strips until you have six hearts.
8. Glue the hearts together in a circle to create a wreath!
To make the smallest wreath, repeat the steps above with 6 strips of 6″ paper and 6 strips of 8″ paper.
To make the largest wreath, in addition to the 8″ and 10″ pieces, you will also need 6 6″ strips and 6 12″ strips. Follow the directions above, but have all four the strips glued together in size order.
What shall we do with our wreaths? We are thinking of hanging them up with string, although they look super cute standing up and stacked!
Follow Vicky Barone on Instagram for more Valentine’s Day ideas!