Happy Thursday, party people! We are getting ready to celebrate the weekend with this DIY Cheers banner! Here’s how to make your own…
Supplies: glitter scrapbook paper, X-acto knife, ruler, letter stencils, a sewing needle, and thread.
1. Choose letter stencils. We made our own by printing a font we liked onto card stock and cutting out the letters. You can also use pre-made stencils or free-hand the letters yourself.
2. Trace just the outline of the letters onto the back of the glitter paper. Make sure you are tracing them on backwards!
3. Cut out the letters from the glitter paper.
4. Using an X-acto knife and a ruler, cut away the inside of the letters, creating an outline about 1/8″ thick. It helped us to trace where we would cut first so that we didn’t accidentally cut too far.
5. Use a sewing needle and thread to string the letters together.
6. Hang and enjoy!
What will your banner say? Hope you’re all having a great week! Don’t forget about the giveaway going on here!