Good morning, everyone! We hope you’re all recovering well from your Cinco de Mayo festivities 😉 Today we’re sharing a cute (and functional!) DIY that mom will LOVE for Mother’s Day. These simple garden markers are easy to make and look great in your indoor or outdoor gardens!
Supplies: white polymer baking clay, a black marker, and spray acrylic sealant.
1. Roll polymer clay out to desired thickness and cut into long rectangles using a knife and a straight edge.
2. Cut the bottoms of each rectangle at an angle or a point.
3. Lay clay labels on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake according to directions on the clay package.
4. Once they are cool, write the names of your plants on each label and let the ink dry.
5. Spray each planter label with acrylic and let dry completely.
We placed our garden markers in our backyard elevated planter, but they would work great in potted plants or even a large backyard garden.
Fun tip for kids: Instead of writing the names of the plants, have your little ones draw a picture of each plant at the top of each rectangle with Sharpies or even acrylic paint. Don’t forget to seal them with acrylic spray!