Today we’re sharing a fun DIY project for kids OR teachers! These “Welcome Bags” are painted to look like pencils and can be filled with treats for a new teacher or school supplies for new students. We even personalized ours with Places for Faces! Here’s how to make your own…
1. Tape off the bottom and top of a bag with the painter’s tape.
2. Paint the bottom pink to resemble an eraser, and paint the top tan to resemble the wood of the pencil.
3. Let dry and remove tape carefully.
4. Tape off one more section above the pink eraser and paint silver to resemble the metal.
5. Use Places for Faces to create custom face tags! Print from home, cut them out, and glue them to the bag.
6. Open up the bag and add treats, school supplies, books, and whatever other things you’d like.
7. Finish with some black tissue paper to resemble the graphite!
Gift these to new teachers this school year with your little one’s faces or, if you are a teacher yourself, create these for your new students and place them on their desks to welcome them on their first day!
If you’re gearing up for back-to-school, you’ll want to check out our Loop Giveaway going on right now on Instagram!