Happy National Pumpkin Day! Today is the day for all things pumpkin (looking for ideas? Click here!). We are celebrating with pumpkin-flavored everything in sight AND this little pumpkin-inspired DIY…
This wine cork pumpkin is super easy to make and adds a cute handmade touch to your Fall decor. Bonus: it will never ever rot 😉
Supplies: wine corks, orange paint, a paint brush, hot glue, green felt, and fabric scissors.
1. Choose 19 wine corks that are about the same diameter in size (they can be different lengths – just make sure they are flesh with one another in the front when you glue them together). Our design used 5 corks in the middle, then 4, then 3 on the top and bottom. You can make a bigger pumpkin with 24 corks and start with 6 corks in the middle.
2. Paint the ends of each cork with the orange paint and let dry.
3. Glue the middle 5 corks together with the hot glue gun in a line.
4. Glue a row of 4 corks, one by one, to the top of the line you just created. You will need to create two glue lines on each cork and press it in between two corks on the middle row. Repeat with a row of 4 below the middle as well.
5. Glue a row of three corks to the top and bottom.
6. Cut two leaves out of green felt and hot glue them to the top of the pumpkin.
7. Cut a cork in half and glue it on top of the leaves to create a stem.