Happy February! This month we are sharing lots of fun new projects inspired by Valentine’s Day! First up, we have a super easy canvas that you can give as a gift or keep for yourself! Here’s how to make your own…
Supplies: 10×10 canvas, an X-acto knife, a stencil or printed quote, a self-healing mat, and pink spray paint.
1. Create a design or quote you’d like on your canvas and print it backwards (this will create a stencil that you will use on the back of the canvas!).
2. Place the canvas on a self-healing mat, face down.
3. Tape the stencil to the inside of the canvas.
4. Use the X-acto knife to cut away the letters or design (you will be cutting through the paper stencil and the canvas)
5. Neaten up the canvas with an X-acto knife or small scissors.
6. In a well-ventilated area (preferably outside!) cover the canvas with pink spray paint and let dry.
We also made this project for New Year’s Eve, if you’d like to see! The possibilities are endless and oh-so-sweet.
Don’t forget to follow Vicky Barone on Instagram for more Valentine’s Day inspiration!