It may not come as a surprise that we have a little obsession with candy eyeballs (see exhibit A, B, C, D, and E). We made no exception when decorating these cake pop turkeys for Thanksgiving! These delicious little treats take no time at all to put together (and they’re easier than they look!).
Supplies: cake pops, cake pop sticks, candy eyes, candy corn, pretzels, and dark cocoa candy melts.
1. Bake cake pops using a mold or a machine. Let cool completely. Place in freezer overnight or until frozen.
2. Melt candy melts according to directions.
3. Dip a cake pop stick into the candy melts and then insert into center of cake pop.
4. Dip the cake pop into the candy melts and coat completely.
5. On a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper, lay down pretzels. Lay the cake pop down directly onto the bottom center of the pretzel. The candy coated cake pop will adhere to the pretzel as the candy melts harden.
6. Immediately press a candy corn and two candy eyes onto the front of the cake pop. If the candy melts harden too quickly, add a little more from the bowl of melted chocolate to the back of the candy corn and candy eyes and press onto the face.
No cake pop machine or mold? No problem! You can also use a marshmallow! To make the candy corn feathers, first spread a small circle of candy melts onto the waxed paper before resting the coated marshmallow down. Then add candy corn to the circle and let harden.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
P.S. We are hosting a GIVEAWAY on Instagram! Head on over to this photo and check out how you can win TWO personalized ceramic ornaments!
??? G I V E A W A Y ??? Win TWO personalized ornaments, one for you and one for a friend (or two for you, we won’t judge). The winner of this giveaway will receive two ornaments of their choice plus personalization on each! See all 30 designs on vickybaronedesigns.etsy.com (direct link in bio). Vicky Barone’s original ceramic ornaments make adorable keepsakes, gifts, and stocking stuffers. Each ornament comes with ready-to-hang ribbon, plus every design is double-sided featuring a complimentary pattern opposite the personalized face. TO ENTER: 1. FOLLOW @vicky_barone on Instagram 2. LIKE this post 3. TAG a friend in the comments! BONUS: For additional entries, tag more friends! You will receive an extra entry for each friend you tag, but please only one tag per comment and no repeats. Giveaway will run starting right now until MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be contacted directly within 48 hours of the close of the giveaway. U.S. Entries only, please! GOOD LUCK! This giveaway is not sponsored or endorsed by Instagram. #giveaway #Christmas #ornaments #flashesofdelight #thatsdarling #christmasornament #gift #giftideas #giveaways #vickybarone #vickybaronedesigns