This post contains affiliate links. If purchased, I will receive a commission, but the price stays the same for you!
Happy Monday! Here’s a fun DIY to kick off your week. Our frosted tumblers have always been such a hit, so we thought we’d make a Valentine’s Day version! Here’s how to make your own…
– Frosted Glass Paint (Sadly, this exact paint has been discontinued, but we have found similar results by using this gloss paint instead.)
– Foam pouncers
– Painter’s tape
– A sheet of heart stickers
– Rubbing alcohol + a paper towel for cleaning
The above supplies contain affiliate links. If purchased, I will receive a commission, but the price stays the same for you!
1. Clean the tumblers with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel. Let dry.
2. To create the tumbler on the right, cut around the hearts on the sticker sheet and remove and discard the sticker. This will create a stencil that you can place on the tumbler to paint inside the heart shape.
3. To create the tumbler on the left, use painter’s tape to make a clean line around the tumbler. Underneath this tape, line up heart stickers (you can use the ones you set aside from the other tumbler).
4. Press out all of the air bubbles under the tape and the stickers with your fingernail for clean edges.
5. Dip the foam pouncer in the paint and begin painting using an up and down motion.
6. Let dry two hours, then apply a second coat (if desired) to even out the paint.
7. Let dry two more hours and carefully remove the tape and stickers.
8. Follow the directions on Martha Stewart’s craft website for how to set the paint (We air cure for 21 days, but you can also oven bake them).
Don’t they look great with milk? These make the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for a loved one. And your little ones will love seeing their favorite drinks inside the hearts!
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day this year? We’d love to hear!