Well hello there, Monday. Nice to see you again. Since we are less than three weeks away from Thanksgiving, we’re sharing a glimpse of our tablescape complete with hand lettered name tags. They are truly so easy to make, and add a beautiful metallic touch to your place settings.
– Leaves: Big or small, real or faux, any leaves will do. We pulled these very real leaves off a bush from my backyard!
– A gold paint pen
1. Make sure you choose a sturdy, living leaf to write on. Dry and crispy (dying) leaves are too brittle and won’t withstand the pressure of the paint pen. If you use fake leaves, you should be just fine.
2. Test out some lettering on a few test leaves until you get a hang of the right pressure and strokes. For hand lettering help, check out Pinterest, or simply copy a pretty font you like.
3. Letter your leaves and let dry.
4. Tie a napkin with twine and place the leaf directly on top.
5. Scatter extra leaves down your table runner.
Aren’t they pretty? Gold paint pens are so much fun, you’ll want to write your name on everything!
For more Thanksgiving inspiration, check out our tables from 2014 and 2013!