This post contains affiliate links. If purchased, I will receive a commission, but the price stays the same for you!
How is everyone’s first week back at school going? We’re guessing that right about now you might be in need of a sweet treat. You’ve put in a lot of hard work this week! How about some chocolatey cookie pops masquerading as apples?
These delicious treats would make a great gift for your new teachers, or just a gift to yourself after a long hard day. Here’s how we made them…
Ingredients: Oreo cookies, red candy melts, green candy melts, pretzel sticks (broken into 1/2″ pieces), and cake pop sticks.
(The above ingredients contain affiliate links. If purchased, I will receive a commission, but the price stays the same for you!)
You will also need a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and a microwave safe bowl.
1. Melt the green candy melts in the microwave according to the package directions.
2. Scoop the green candy melts into a Ziploc bag and cut the tip of the bag.
3. Draw leaves with the green candy melts onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Let cool.
4. Melt red candy melts until smooth.
5. Dip a cake pop stick into the candy melts and insert it into an Oreo. Rest on the cookie sheet with the leaves and place in the fridge for a few minutes to set.
6. Remove from fridge and dip each Oreo into the red candy melts. Use a spoon to spread the candy melts around the cookies to coat.
7. Before the red candy cools, insert a leaf and a pretzel into the top.
8. Rest the completed cookies on the cookie sheet and place in fridge to set.
Go ahead, treat yourself!