Happy Random Acts of Kindness Day! What a wonderful holiday to celebrate, especially with kids! Today we’re sharing 10 ideas that you can do with your little ones to spread kindness.
1. Write a letter. Sit down with your little one and help them write a letter to a friend or family member to let them know you are thinking of them!
2. Buy coffee for the person behind you in line. Whether you’re in a store or in a drive-through, surprising the person behind you with a paid bill is sure to put a smile on their face.
3. Bake cookies for your teacher. Let your teacher (or librarian, mailman, neighbor, etc) know how much you appreciate them with a plate of freshly baked treats.
4. Put change in vending machines. Your little ones will love dropping coins into vending machines to give the next person a free snack!
5. Hold the door open for someone. You can do this all day long! It’s a great habit to teach your little ones.
6. Leave flowers around town with a note. Tie little “have a great day!” notes to flowers and leave them on park benches and bus stops around town for anyone to find.
7. Do someone else’s chores. Surprise another family member by making their bed or folding their laundry!
8. Donate clothes or toys to a shelter. Have your little ones gather up their gently used clothing or toys they’ve outgrown and donate them to a local shelter to spread the love.
9. Pick up litter. Show the earth some kindness and help clean it up a little.
10. Give a compliment to everyone you see. Say something nice to the people you pass today. Give your kids suggestions if they need help, and make sure your compliments are sincere and sweet.
Have more ideas? We’d love to hear them! We hope your day is filled with lots of kindness!