Valentine’s Day is tomorrow! If you’ll be spending a love-filled day with your kiddos, we have the perfect last-minute project for you! You probably have all the materials you need in your home right now…
Materials: a paper towel roll, acrylic paint, a paint brush, scissors, tacky glue, and ribbon.
1. Paint a paper towel roll and let dry. If you can reach the inside with your paint brush, try to paint the inside of the tube too!
2. Press the paper towel tube flat and use scissors to cut 1/4″ or 1/8″ strips. This should create a bunch of little circles.
3. Bend the circles into heart shapes.
4. Begin to glue the hearts together into a circle. We used tacky glue so that we’d have time before it dried to rearrange the hearts to make the perfect circle. You can also use hot glue, but you have to work faster!
5. When the glue is dry, paint the front of the heart wreath to cover up all the brown of the tube where you cut it. When this is dry, flip it over and paint the back.
6. Tie a ribbon around the wreath and hang it up somewhere in your house or even on your front door!
We wish you all a very happy and loving Valentine’s Day!