School’s out for Summer!!! And now that I’ve got a little one back at home with me before camp starts, we are in need of some crafts! This paper plate crab is super fun to put together. Your kids will love celebrating Summer with a sweet little beach creature!
Supplies: a paper plate, red acrylic paint, a paint brush, red construction paper, scissors, glue, and googly eyes.
1. Flatten the paper plate and paint one side with the red acrylic paint. Let dry.
2. While the paint is drying, cut a piece of construction paper into six thin strips and two thicker strips with claws on the ends!
3. Fold the thin strips accordion style. Fold the thick strips accordion style until you get to the claws.
4. When the plate is dry, flip it over so the white is facing up and glue the legs onto the edge of one half.
5. Add glue to the other half of the plate and fold in half.
6. Glue on googly eyes. Let dry.
There you have it! A fun and simple craft to keep your little ones busy (at least for a few minutes 😉 ).
What are your favorite Summer crafts? We’d love to hear!