Today we’re sharing a ONE-ingredient treat to spice up your cocktails, mocktails, or even just a glass of water. These sweet and simple watermelon ice cubes could not be easier to make and you’ll love adding them to whatever you’re drinking!
While a fresh, juicy watermelon is the perfect Summer treat, storing one can get a little overwhelming. How can one fruit suddenly fill up five tupperware containers in your fridge?! We love coming up with unique ways for you and your family to enjoy a watermelon like these Popsicles, these fun recipes, and of course these fruity ice cubes!
Supplies: a watermelon, a knife, a cookie sheet, and wax paper.
1. Remove the rinds and cut the watermelon into cubes (ours were about 1×1″).
2. Places cubes on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
3. Place cookie sheet in freezer for at least 3 hours or until frozen (overnight is your best bet!).
4. Place watermelon ice cubes in a glass and add your favorite drink! Here we used Sprite, but these taste great with water, sparkling water, or your favorite cocktail.
5. Store leftover ice cubes in an airtight container in the freezer.
What drink will you add your watermelon ice cubes to? Have any fun cocktail ideas you think these would go well with? We’d love to hear!