New Year’s Eve is just a few days away and we are busy decorating for the festivities! Today we’re sharing a DIY piñata project that’s perfect for candy or simply decor. Here’s how…
Supplies: cardboard, scissors, masking tape, white crepe paper, and Elmer’s glue.
1. Cut out the numbers 2017 twice from cardboard.
2. With the remaining cardboard, cut out 1.5″ strips. The strips will go between the numbers to create the 3D shape.
3. Stack two matching numbers on top of one another.
4. Bend cardboard strips around the outside shape of the numbers and tape together.
5. If you want to fill these with candy, cut a hole in the top and pour candy inside before continuing.
6. Cut a length of crepe paper and fold accordion-style.
7. Cut fringe into the crepe paper and unfold.
8. Starting from the bottom of a piñata shape, glue strips of the fringed crepe paper, stacking them on top of one another as you move up the shape.
9. Hang from strings or use to decorate in any way you’d like!
Wishing you all a very happy, healthy, and safe new year!