Who needs one big cake when you can have multiple miniature cakes? These adorable, three-layer treats are easy to assemble and delicious when devoured.
Ingredients: box cake, frosting, fruit preserves, and fresh fruit.
1. Bake a box cake according to the directions in a 13×9 pan. Let cool.
2. Remove cake from pan and use a glass and a knife to trace circles out of the layer cake.
3. Place one circle layer on a plate. Spoon frosting into a decorator’s bag or a plastic bag and snip off the end. Outline the edge of the circle with frosting.
4. Fill the inside of the frosting circle with fruit preserves.
5. Top with a second layer of cake and repeat steps 3 & 4.
6. Top with the third and final layer and frost the entire cake.
7. Cut fresh fruit for garnish.
Do you know anyone who would LOVE a mini cake for their birthday? These would make great mini-wedding cakes as well! Enjoy 🙂