Here’s a delicious detail from our Pizza and Champagne Party! Ombre Gelatin Shots (aka Jello shots, but we didn’t use any Jello mix!). You can add Jello to the recipe, but it’s the gelatin that helps the shots hold their shape!
Aren’t they pretty? Unfortunately, the ones we made were not quite as tasty as they could have been (I forgot to add sugar!) but this recipe is delicious, I promise!
4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 cup cold flavored vodka (We used pear! It’s delicious.)
1.5 cups cranberry juice
1.5 cups pink lemonade
2 tablespoons sugar (you can also use a flavored Jello here!)
Sprinkles (we used Wilton Cake Sparkles)
1. In a medium bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes gelatin over 1/2 cup cold vodka. Let stand one minute.
2. Boil cranberry juice and stir into the vodka gelatin mix until gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon of sugar.
4. Pour cranberry juice layer into a 9×7 pan or casserole dish (you can also use a 13×9, but we wanted ours a little taller to show off the ombre so we used a smaller pan).
5. Let cranberry juice layer chill for an hour and a half in the refrigerator.
6. Repeat steps 1-3 with remaining ingredients and pink lemonade.
7. Carefully, pour pink lemonade mixture over cranberry juice layer.
8. Return to refrigerator and let chill for 3 hours.
9. Cut gelatin into whatever shapes you like.
10. Pour sprinkles into a bowl and dip the top of each gelatin shot into sprinkles. The cake sparkles we used stuck the best to the gelatin, but they dissolve after a while so make sure you serve them right away!
You can use any juice, any vodka, and any colors! Mix and match and be creative! This fancy spin on a down and dirty party snack is sure to be a hit at your next get-together. Don’t forget to tell your guests that they’re spiked! If you’d like them to be kid-friendly, just replace the cold cup of vodka for a cold cup of juice!
Check back soon to see more details from our party!
*recipe adapted from Knox Gelatine