In honor of National Food Day, we thought we’d take a break from our normal sweet treats to bring you a salty snack (don’t worry, National Chocolate Day is on Friday 😉 )! We found the idea for these adorably cheesy bats on Pinterest and decided to make a version of our own! Here’s how…
8oz cream cheese
8oz shredded cheese (use whatever you like! Italian, Parmesan, or even goat cheese!)
blue torilla chips
1. Mix cheeses in a bowl until blended.
2. Scoop out some of the cheese mixture and roll it into a ball.
3. Roll the ball in a bowl of poppy seeds until covered.
4. Break some tortilla chips in half to make wings and stick them into the cheese balls.
5. Press candy eyes into each cheese ball.
6. Serve immediately or leave in refrigerator to keep cool until ready to serve.
The best part about these cute little guys? You can add Places for Faces to give them even MORE personality!
Places for Faces now has lots of new Halloween stickers to choose from! Upload a face, add stickers, and choose the dessert topper template. Print and cut out faces and tape them to colorful toothpicks. Serve with your cheese dip bats to excite your little guys and ghouls! Enjoy!