Have you picked out your Christmas tree yet? Is it a pristine fake one like ours, waiting it’s turn all year in the garage until its time to fill our home with joy? Or is it a real tree, sweetly scented and picked with great care after five or six laps around the tree lot? OR did you brave the forest and cut one down yourself?! No matter how your Christmas tree came to be, we want to celebrate the excitement and wonder. And what better way to celebrate such a monumental occasion than with a cake?
Our very own little winter wonderland cake, complete with edible Christmas trees! Here is how you can make your own:
– A cake! We made a four layer chocolate cake with white frosting to resemble snow!
– Pretzel sticks.
– Candy melts in green.
– A Ziploc sandwich bag
– Cookie sheet or plate.
– Wax paper.
– Sprinkles (optional).
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and line up your pretzel sticks.
2. Melt candy melts in a bowl and scoop into a sandwich bag. Use kitchen scissors to cut one corner of the bag.
3. Pipe the candy melts out of the bag in a zig zag pattern over the pretzel sticks to create a tree.
4. If using sprinkles, quickly sprinkle them over the trees before the candy melts harden.
5. When the trees are solid, carefully remove them from the wax paper and place them into the cake!
To add some height to your Christmas Tree Farm, use a few pretzel rods to create taller trees!
We hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful season! What’s on your holiday to-do list? We’d love to hear!