Candy cane vases are making their rounds on Pinterest and in the Vicky Barone studio! Candy canes are such a fun and inexpensive medium to work with (and eat). You only need three supplies to make this vase! Let’s get to it…
– A glass vase. Make sure the vase is a cylinder so the candy canes have a flat surface to stick to.
– Candy canes. We used four 12-packs to cover our vase.
– Hot glue.
– Ribbon (optional).
1. Run a line of hot glue down the back of a candy cane.
2. Quickly press the candy cane to the side of the vase and hold in place until the glue hardens.
3. Repeat with the rest of the candy canes until you cover the entire vase.
4. Tie a silky red ribbon around the finished vase.
*optional: unwrap the candy canes before gluing. We chose to keep ours wrapped to prevent sticky fingers and to help preserve the vase longer.
If you don’t want to use hot glue and you’d rather have a more temporary candy cane vase, you can use a rubber band instead! Place a large rubber band around the vase and insert the candy canes one by one. Tie a ribbon around the vase to cover the rubber band! When the holidays are over, remove all the candy canes and you’ll have your vase back for every day use!
We didn’t have any flowers, but we made do with a mini Christmas tree and we really liked it!
Like candy canes? Check out these adorable candy cane place card holders! 🙂