We think 2017 is going to be our best year yet! Here’s how to make a gold cut-out canvas to display at your New Year’s Eve party to celebrate that sentiment…
Supplies: a canvas, an X-acto knife, a printed quote, self-healing mat, and gold spray paint.
1. Create a design or quote you’d like on your canvas and print it backwards (this will create a stencil that you will use on the back of the canvas!).
2. Place the canvas on a self-healing mat, face down.
3. Tape the stencil to the inside of the canvas.
4. Use the X-acto knife to cut away the letters or design (you will be cutting through the paper stencil and the canvas)
5. Neaten up the canvas with an X-acto knife or small scissors.
6. In a well-ventilated area (preferably outside!) cover the canvas with gold spray paint and let dry.
7. Decorate with your new canvas and celebrate the new year!
For even more NYE ideas, click here!