Just in time for Memorial Day Weekend, we have an impressive, yet easy dessert that you can throw together in no time! All you need are some mini muffin tin liners, candy melts, and assorted fruits and you’ll be wowing your friends and family (and your taste buds!) all weekend.
1. Melt the candy melts in a bowl according to directions on package. Stir frequently until smooth.
2. Place a spoonful of melted chocolate into a baking cup and spread it around to coat the bottom and sides.
3. Turn the baking cup upside-down and either tap it or drop it onto the counter top. This will spread out the chocolate more and keep it from puddling too much into just the bottom.
4. Place baking cups onto a cookie sheet and into the fridge.
5. Once the chocolate is hardened, peel away the baking cup and discard.
6. Fill each cup with fresh fruit for a bite-sized dessert!
If you’re going for a Memorial Day Red, White, and Blue theme, use fruits like blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
These chocolate cups are perfect for lots of other desserts like mousse, pudding, or cheesecake. You can also mix and match with different flavors of candy melts. Think: a dark chocolate cup with cherry pie filling and a dollop of whipped cream. YUM!