For this St. Patrick’s Day decor, we pulled out our trusty Interchangeable Wreath. But instead of adorning it with felt flowers, we made a handful of felt shamrocks! Keep reading to find out how to easily make your own!
Supplies: green felt, scissors, green thread, a needle, hot glue, and bobby pins.
1. Cut four felt squares of equal size. Cut two rounded bumps into the top of each square like the top of a heart.
2. Sew the leaves in a line by making two stitches into each. We stitched into the back, two stitches on top, and out the back (note the picture above for a pattern guide).
3. Push the leaves to the center of the thread and they should create a shamrock shape! Tie the two ends of the thread tightly together and fan out the leaves into a circle.
4. Cut a small circle out of felt and push a bobby pin onto it until it reaches the fold of the pin.
5. Cover one side of the felt circle with hot glue and attach it to the back of a shamrock. Flip it over and you have a shamrock ready to go on your wreath!
These sweet little shamrocks can easily go in your hair as well! Just add the bobby pin to your hair like you normally would or attach it to a headband.
Here is the finished product that is now hanging on the front door. Have you made an interchangeable wreath? We would LOVE to see it!