We are LOVING all of the fun Halloween ideas circulating Pinterest and Craftgawker, especially these owl cupcakes! They are so delicious and make us laugh every time we see them. Wouldn’t they make a fun addition to a Halloween party or an owl-themed birthday party?
Look at that cute little face! How can you resist? Here’s how we made ours:
Ingredients: chocolate cake mix, eggs, oil, chocolate icing, brown and orange m&ms, and Oreos.
1. Make cupcakes according to mix directions. Let cool completely.
2. Carefully separate Oreos with a slow twisting motion. One half should keep all of the filling; discard the other half (preferably in your mouth).
3. Ice cupcakes and immediately press two Oreos with filling onto each cupcake.
4. Add an orange m&m to each cupcake for the beak.
5. Use a small dot of chocolate icing to attach the brown m&ms to the Oreos for pupils.
We hope you enjoy these chocolaty owls. Happy almost-Halloween!